I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Thursday, December 10, 2015

Arizona Visit Long Overdue

What an amazing weekend it was - I got to spend time with my dad in Phoenix. (He was there for a conference.) And, fortunately, I had the chance to go to my ACE school (SJV) and to visit some of my previous co-workers, friends, and students...

SJV <3 collage

Spending time with the SJV moms :)

The Don Bosco statue still stands!

so many good memories in that church

Then (top) and Now (bottom) with former students (and their siblings)

Met up with my college roommate (who currently lives in AZ)

SJV selfie :D :D :D

We stayed at the Arizona Biltmore - it was designed by Frank Lloyd Wright, which you can definitely tell. It was a beautiful property...but we had quite a bit of difficulty finding our way to visitor parking each time. I consider this understandable - the property is huge and has multiple entrances and winding drives! (Did I mention that the beds were so incredibly soft?? AMAZING!) It was definitely a "how the other half lives" experience.


Christmas tree in courtyard (by night)
Christmas tree in courtyard (by day)



on the way to our room

We could have played chess...but we didn't ;)

No trip to AZ would be complete without some of my favorite restaurants ;)

 

On Saturday, my dad and I went to the Musical Instrument Museum (in Phoenix). It's organized by continent and has so many instruments from around the world. If you ever go, we recommend you start with Europe and North America and work your way through to Asia and Africa. (We had to squeeze in those first two mentioned in about 20 minutes, as the museum was about to close. Bummer.) If you are a music lover, you cannot miss this place!


Let me tell you, though - one thing I've really missed about Arizona is just the beautiful, serene desert. The colors, sunrises (& sunsets), and mild temperatures cannot be beat! It was absolutely incredible.





All in all, the trip was well worth it, and I am grateful that my dad invited me. 

It was good to be "home."

No comments:

Post a Comment