I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Monday, October 19, 2015

You know Kelly's busy when...

...her blogging has fallen by the wayside - 10 posts for September/October (to date) combined? Sheesh.

I was at a school/parish meeting tonight, and in setting deadlines for our upcoming food drive, we all sat there marveling, Where did October go? (Next weekend is Halloween for crying out loud!)

Where has it (and September) gone? In honestly looking at this question, I could tell you the following:

- three to four nights of volleyball games or practices a week
- teacher professional development days, workshops, & webinars
- two incredible theater shows (Side Show & Ride the Cyclone) + one trip to the opera (Cinderella)
- multiple happy hour Fridays
- marathon-watching
- an end of the summer festival
- a one-day retreat
- ministry of care afternoons/evenings
- Bible study meetings
- two Notre Dame football games (Go Irish!)
- trips to the gym and runs along the Lakefront Path
- Etc...Etc...Etc...

I wish I had more time to read. 
I wish I had more time to talk to friends on the phone.
I wish I had more time to just kick back and not be consumed in stuff for school or church.

But, the funny thing is, I like being busy. Not busy for the point of no reason busy, but busy in the sense that I am taking advantage of all Chicago has to offer in  music and culture. 
Busy in the sense that I am spending time with friends/family. 
Busy in the sense that I am engaging in meaningful prayer and service through church.
Busy in the sense that I am watching my volleyball girls develop a better skill set and a deeper love for the game of volleyball on a daily basis.
Busy in the sense that when I hit the pillow on any given night I can drift right off to sleep due to sheer exhaustion.

That's the busy I love - I've found that when I take more time for other people and for church/service that God returns time to me in abundance. (He's so good about that.)


I do hope that November slows down just a tad, though. Remember, it's a marathon, not a sprint.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about having an event-filled fall. I have gotten much better about organizing my time and my life, though, so I've stopped forgetting things (a great memory is *not* one of the gifts God has given me), and I have filled my time with things I enjoy. It's much better to be busy with reading and writing than with Facebook!

    ReplyDelete