I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Not quite back to reality...yet...

Back to Chicago...but not quite back to reality. 

Got back Friday night, made a quick turnaround, and met up with some friends at a local dessert & drinks bar. And, as its description implies, there were plenty of delicious dessert-flavored drinks and desserts to go around. And there was plenty of laughter and good conversation too. I love my Church friends.


And, speaking of Church friends, Saturday (after MOC & groceries), I spent the afternoon and evening at a charity pub crawl (#beatMS) - it was a ton of fun, especially considering I'd never done a pub crawl before. Here's some evidence of the good times. (Yes, mom, we did take pictures.)




Today, though tired, I felt pretty good (and thoroughly recovered), and I met up with some friends from Arizona. (I taught their children in fourth grade.) They were in town for the Holy Cross ordination in South Bend this weekend and are flying out of Chicago this afternoon. It was a delicious pizza- and pasta-filled lunch, and I am very grateful for their generosity and friendship. (Yes, Maria, I am talking about you!) I do miss Arizona - must start planning a visit there soon...

The weekend (and spring break, for that matter) is coming to an end this evening. I have a few things to do to get ready for school, and then I will be going to Mass and, afterwards, watching the Notre Dame women's basketball team play UConn in the Final Four. Let's go Lady Irish!

This past week and a half has truly been a blessing, where I have been fortunate to be surrounded by lots of family and friends. It's weeks like this one that help keep my life in perspective, and I am so very grateful to know so many people full of life, love, and beauty!

I pray now that I may take this energy into the upcoming weeks of school...The alarm is sure going to come early tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. :-) It was great seeing you!! And the kids LOVED their new bookmarks. THANK YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, yay! Glad you made it back safely. Hope to see y'all again soon!

    ReplyDelete