I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Monday, October 1, 2012

Looking to the Saints for GRACE

"You know well enough that our Lord does not look so much at the greatness of our actions, nor even at their difficulty, but at the love at which we do them."
- St. Therese of Lisieux

Today is the feast day of St. Therese of Lisieux (also known as "The Little Flower"). I do not think it is coincidental, though, that I am determined to finish her autobiography, Story of a Soul (which can be accessed in its entirety here), during this month of October.

No, this resolve I came to on Saturday afternoon (while attending the ACE Advocates Summit at ND), when a significant question was posed to us that went something like this (although, I've probably butchered the question):

How can you experience grace more fully in your life?

Naturally, I thought of the saints. They are men and women of great faith, but, at the same time, they are human beings who have lived and walked this earth. They have wisdom and insight into attaining God's Kingdom - why shouldn't we turn to them?

So then, of course, my thoughts turned to the unfinished copy of St. Therese's autobiography that has been sitting on my bookshelf since much earlier this year. In fact, I posted on some of her wisdom in an earlier blog reflection, which can be accessed here.


So, stay tuned - and pray for me that I can actually accomplish this goal! - you can bet that I'll be sharing and reflecting on this young woman's wisdom - what an amazing story she has.

No comments:

Post a Comment